Gitan (Japanese: ギタン) are the currency in the Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer series. Shopkeepers and Blacksmiths require it for services. In addition, you can sell items to shops in exchange for Gitan. In addition to being used as currency, Shiren can obtain rewards for storing certain amounts of Gitan in the bank in the games that have a bank system in place.
In-game description[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
In this game, the amount of Gitan Shiren was carrying at the end of an adventure will be reduced to zero upon returning to Canyon Hamlet. This can be avoided by storing bags of Gitan as spaces in the inventory. Additionally, this does not apply when backtracking from Old Cedar Road (Table Mountain) to Canyon Hamlet, though.
- Fay's Puzzles #47/50: Money Toss states the damage of a Gitan bag is value/10, rounded down and does not take defensive power into account.
- Piles of Gitan can be placed into a Strengthening Jar to increase the amount inside. It will increase by 10% each time you go down a floor, up to a max of 9,999.
- Further strategies are detailed at Fun with Gitan.
- Gitan can only be used for dungeon shops as the normal town shops from Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer aren't in the game.
From this game onwards, Shiren keeps the Gitan he was carrying after a successful adventure, losing them only when Shiren fails in an adventure.
- Adventure Log entry number 65 is for filling out the bank with Gitan.
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 3: The Sleeping Princess of the Karakuri Mansion[edit | edit source]
- Gitan Mamels only drop 500 Gitan in the PSP release, down from 2,000.
- Ultra Gaze drop 2,000 Gitan. Down from 5,000.
[edit | edit source]
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate[edit | edit source]
- Shiren 5 for the PlayStation Vita features a PlayStation Trophies for filling the bank with your collected Gitan.
- Shiren 5 for Steam features a Steam Achievements for filling the bank with your collected Gitan.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The only way to put genuinely a pile of Gitan inside a jar or throw a pile of Gitan is to hold B while walking over it, thus preventing you from picking it up. Then, use Underfoot commands to manipulate it.
- Monsters disguised as Gitan can be picked up normally like other items.
- Monsters of the Pickpocket family seek out and steal Gitan. If Shiren isn't nearby, they will stand on piles of Gitan, and will steal Shiren's.