Draft:Shiren 6:Gameplay Elements
This article is a draft relating to Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island.
Gameplay Elements in Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island.
- On the map, tiles that have been walked on or checked are marked with a different color.[Citation needed]
- This feature existed in the two first Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon games.
- The number of items in the inventory and the maximum capacity of the inventory are displayed in the top right corner of the screen, below Gitan.[Citation needed]
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, the buttons for opening menus are shown.[Citation needed]
- There are two message logs shown during gameplay. The most common one where gameplay actions such as attacks are explained is on the right. The orange message box appears on the left and displays notifications. A known use of it is logging monsters that have been met for the first time.[Citation needed]
- The Notebook is associated with the second log.
- Behemoths are 3x3 tiles monsters.
- High attack power.
- They will appear randomly in certain dungeons and are indicated by a red skull in both the floor's map and the log.
- They have a barrier in front of them, known as Behemoth Barrier, in the direction they are facing. This barrier nullifies any attacks.
- They are slow.
- They appear from Behemoth Gates and disappear after a while.
- They can't be attacked from front and side, but can be attacked from behind.
- 3x3 tiles monsters have previously appeared as regular dungeon enemies in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series since Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.
- An alarm rings when Shiren is at low health, as in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX.
- Projectile Shortcut: A list with four slots assigned by the player to items such as Staves, rocks, and arrows Shiren has in his inventory.
- They are present in the bottom left corner of the screen and can be used by pressing ZL + A/B/X/Y
- Work similarly to moves in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series.
- Sumo Status.
- Parallel Play, an online multiplayer feature.
- There are new variations of equipment items called ??? (Japanese: 神器), and they exist in blue and gold variants.
- The Monster Dojo (Japanese: もののけ道場) allows simulating encounters by placing previously encountered monsters, items, and traps.
- Natural Runes are a special category of Runes with unique effects. They are found on Sacred Swords and Shields.
- Sacred Items are rare equipment with random enhanced abilities. They come in two varieties: Blue and Golden. They often have higher Base Value and more Rune Slots, and they may be found with Runes that the normal version of the item wouldn't have, or Natural Runes.
The gameplay for The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island is based on the earlier games from the series rather than its latest one. Precisely Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer as the majority of the team from the SFC and DS versions returned for this game.[Citation needed]
- When holding to change direction, the map displays a line in the direction the player is facing.
- The Adventure Results screen shows the playtime, the amount of turns taken, and the amount of defeated monsters during the Adventure.
- Mixer Mechanics
- Monster Houses
- Live Display Mode (Japanese: ???), introduced in the 2020 release of Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate.
- Live Display Mode Standard View.
- Live Display Mode Simplified View.
- Handy Dash (Japanese: ???), a tweaked version of the i-Dash, originally introduced in Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 2 - Shiren's Castle and the Oni Invasion.
- Two bracelets can be equipped at once. Can't be done at all times, certain conditions need to be met first.
- Weapons and Shields use only the traditional Upgrade Value system seen in Mystery Dungeon 2: Shiren the Wanderer without the one introduced in Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 4 - The Eye of God and the Devil's Navel.
- For example, Katana doesn't upgrade to Good Katana and Fine Katana, but to Katana+1 and forth.
- It is possible to equip two Armbands at once.
- Resonance effects. Conditions for activation currently unknown.
- Weapons and Shields can have Runes giving them additional effects.
- Cross-Mixing, through the Mixer family.
- Items can have curses and blessings.
- Adventure Log.
- The Notebook, a catalog of encountered Monsters, Items, Runes, Status Conditions, and Traps.
|Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island - Gameplay Elements|
|Gitan • Mixer Mechanics • Monster Houses (Pop-up Monster Houses) • Rescues • Shiren • Traps|