Shiren:Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Vita)
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン5plus フォーチュンタワーと運命のダイス
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus: Fortune Tower and the Dice of Fate
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Japanese: 不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン5plus フォーチュンタワーと運命のダイス, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus: Fortune Tower and the Dice of Fate) is the ninth Shiren the Wanderer game, developed and published by Spike Chunsoft in Japan for the PlayStation Vita in 2015. The game was later published by Aksys Games in the west in 2016.
The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is a roguelike role-playing video game in which the player traverses randomized dungeons and fights monsters. In dungeons, the player can find treasures, as well as items and equipment that they can collect and use. If the player dies, they lose their items, their level resets to one, the dungeons change, and the monsters change positions. The game has a day-and-night system; as the in-game sun sets, the player character's vision decreases, making it impossible to see enemies that are too far away. At some points in dungeons, the player needs to solve puzzles.
|"||Legend has it that Reeva, god of Destiny, holds sway over the past, present, and future. Said to dwell in the mysterious Tower of Fortune, Reeva decides the fates of all mankind with a trio of magic dice… Lead Shiren The Wanderer and his sidekick Koppa in their quest to conquer the Tower of Fortune!||„|
|~ The game's synopsis.|
The story is set between the events of Shiren the Wanderer GB2 and Shiren the Wanderer 3, and follows Shiren, a wanderer and silent protagonist, who is accompanied by Koppa, a talking ferret. The two are climbing the Tower of Fortune, as they have heard legends of a God that can change their fate. The story begins as Oyu, a young girl from a small town suffers from an illness and Jirokichi, her childhood friend, goes forth towards the tower to change her fate. They are guided through the tower by Tao, a girl in a panda suit, and encounter other characters thorough the story: Okon and Koharu; Gen; and Kojirouta. Shiren and Jirokichi eventually climb the tower to fight against the ruler of fate himself, Reeva.
In commemoration of the 20 anniversary of the Shiren the Wanderer series, a PlayStation Vita version, Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus, which includes additional dungeons and the ability to look around using the right stick, was announced in December 2014. It was released by Spike Chunsoft on June 4, 2015, in Japan, and by Aksys Games on July 26, 2016, in North America and Europe.
The PlayStation Vita version was released by Spike Chunsoft on June 4, 2015, in Japan, and by Aksys Games on July 26, 2016, in North America and Europe.
The PlayStation Vita version debuted in second place on Media Create's weekly list of best-selling video games in Japan, with 16,224 copies sold; on its second week, it sank to ninth place with 6,060 copies, and on its third, it sank to thirteenth place with 3,553 copies sold. By the end of 2015, it was the 168 best-selling game of the year in Japan with 25,681 copies.
- For this subject's image gallery, see Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate.
In Other Languages
|Shiren the Wanderer series|
-  Gameplay, Plot and Sales sections based on the Wikipedia page.
-  Eternal Wanderer Edition page (Archived)
- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178790/Shiren_the_Wanderer_The_Tower_of_Fortune_and_the_Dice_of_Fate/ Steam
- Ishaan (June 10, 2015). This Week In Sales: Splatoon Stays At #1. Siliconera. Archived from the original on October 15, 2015. Retrieved on May 13, 2022.
- Ishaan (June 19, 2015). This Week In Sales: Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Makes Its Debut. Siliconera. Archived from the original on February 5, 2016. Retrieved on May 13, 2022.
- Ishaan (June 24, 2015). This Week In Sales: Is Sanity The Price To Pay For Power?. Siliconera. Archived from the original on September 30, 2015. Retrieved on May 13, 2022.
- 2015年テレビゲームソフト売り上げランキング（ファミ通版） (ja). Geimin.net. Archived from the original on January 30, 2016. Retrieved on May 13, 2022.