Shiren:Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 - The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Shiren the Wanderer 5: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン5 フォーチュンタワーと運命のダイス
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 - The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Shiren the Wanderer 5: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Japanese: 不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン5 フォーチュンタワーと運命のダイス, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 - The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate) is the ninth console Shiren the Wanderer game, developed and published by Chunsoft, on Nintendo DS in 2010.
The localized name comes from the Shiren the Wanderer Series Limited Edition Art Book.
The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is a roguelike role-playing video game in which the player traverses randomized dungeons and fights monsters. In dungeons, the player can find treasures, as well as items and equipment that they can collect and use. If the player dies, they lose their items, their level resets to one, the dungeons change, and the monsters change positions. The game has a day-and-night system; as the in-game sun sets, the player character's vision decreases, making it impossible to see enemies that are too far away. At some points in dungeons, the player needs to solve puzzles.
|"||Legend has it that Reeva, god of Destiny, holds sway over the past, present, and future. Said to dwell in the mysterious Tower of Fortune, Reeva decides the fates of all mankind with a trio of magic dice… Lead Shiren The Wanderer and his sidekick Koppa in their quest to conquer the Tower of Fortune!||„|
|~ The game's synopsis.|
The story is set between the events of Shiren the Wanderer GB2 and Shiren the Wanderer 3, and follows Shiren, The two are climbing the Tower of Fortune, as they have heard legends of a god that can change their fate. The story begins as Oyu, a young girl from a small town, suffers from an illness and Jirokichi, her childhood friend, goes forth towards the tower to change her fate. They are guided through the tower by Tao, a girl in a panda suit, and encounter other characters thorough the story: Okon and Koharu; Gen; and Kojirouta. Shiren and Jirokichi eventually climb the tower to fight against the ruler of fate himself, Reeva.
Pre-ordered copies of the game were bundled with a soundtrack CD and a booklet about the series' history. As a crossover promotion, a Nonary Game bracelet from Chunsoft's Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors was included as an in-game item.
The Nintendo DS version sold 65,137 copies by the end of 2011 and an additional 16,573 copies sold from the Chunsoft Selection edition of the same game by the end of 2012. Granting a total of 81,710 copies sold in Japan.
- For this subject's image gallery, see Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate.
In Other Languages
|Shiren the Wanderer series|
- The localized name for this version of the game had different writings in recent years, even after its initial localized title from Aksys.
- The first name comes from the Shiren the Wanderer Series Limited Edition Art Book, and was titled Shiren the Wanderer 5: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate.
- The second name comes from a 2020 Spike Chunsoft product survey and was titled Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 - The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate.
-  Gameplay, Plot and Sales sections based on the Wikipedia page.
- 2011年テレビゲームソフト売り上げTOP1000（メディアクリエイト版） (ja). Geimin.net. Archived from the original on October 24, 2016. Retrieved on May 13, 2022.
- 2012年テレビゲームソフト売り上げTOP1000（メディアクリエイト版） (ja). Geimin.net. Archived from the original on October 24, 2016. Retrieved on May 13, 2022.