Shiren:Introduction to Basic Gameplay
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "Formatting is a mess."
|This article is under construction or in need of expansion. You can help the Mystery Dungeon franchise wiki by.|
This page is intended to introduce you to Spike Chunsoft's original series, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (Japanese: 不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン).
Strength[edit | edit source]
Strength in this series behaves differently from other role-playing and roguelike games, as they depend on the ability to dig up items in The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate for example.
Weapon & Shield Strength[edit | edit source]
Movement[edit | edit source]
Turns[edit | edit source]
Unlike any role-playing games, the gameplay in Mystery Dungeon moves in increments, therefore time is irrelevant. Players have infinite time to decide what to do in their turn, and once they move, monsters will move next, and so on.
Movement Speed[edit | edit source]
Depending on your speed, you can alter the number of actions you can perform before monsters have their turn. There are four different speeds:
- Slow: For every two moves the player makes, they will only have one move.
- Normal: The default speed.
- Double Speed — Single Attack: Can move twice for each of the players moves, but cannot attack twice in one turn.
- Double Speed — Double Attack: Can move twice for each of the players moves, and is able to attack twice in one turn.
Some Monsters will naturally move at a different speed than 'normal'.
Since the Shiren the Wanderer series was developed after the release of Torneko's Great Adventure: Mystery Dungeon, monsters in this series would share similar appearances and behaviors as monsters found in the Dragon Quest franchise, including the Torneko's Great Adventure series.
Items[edit | edit source]
Items are extremely important in any Mystery Dungeon game to this date. In this series, the player can use items in every way possible in a dungeon, which would sometimes create unexpected results for newcomers of the genre. In the wiki, items are categorized by being wearable, edible, throwable, usable or other behaviors.
Gitan[edit | edit source]
The currency of the series, it is also possible to use it as a projectile item.
The Winds of Kron[edit | edit source]
If Shiren spends too long on one floor in a dungeon, winds will start blowing. There are three warnings before Shiren gets swept away by The Winds of Kron. Getting blown away counts as falling in an adventure, causing the loss of items and Gitan that Shiren had.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Quest Mystery Dungeon: Introduction to Basic Gameplay
- Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Introduction to Basic Gameplay
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Introduction to Basic Gameplay
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon (series): Introduction to Basic Gameplay
- The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigi no Dungeon: Introduction to Basic Gameplay
- Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics: Introduction to Basic Gameplay